What is the Board of Management?
- The Board of Management is the management team set up to manage the school on behalf of the Patron for the benefit of the children in the school and their parents.
- The Board of Management is made up of representatives of the parents and teachers in the school, representatives of the patron and also community representatives who have a particular interest or expertise.
- The Board of Management provides leadership and ensures effective management of the school, within an agreed school budget and a framework of accountability. All eight members of the Board once appointed act together as a unit. Individuals do not act as representatives of various groups within the Board.
Responsibilities of the Board
The Board is responsible for, among other things:
- Ensuring the quality of pupil learning
- Recruitment of staff
- Ensuring the high quality of teaching
- Developing and reviewing the school plan
- Developing and reviewing school policies
The Board and the individual members of the Board work as a corporate body. All individuals on the Board are indemnified for any claims made against them under Section 14 (7) of the Education Act, 1998.
Chairperson: Sr. Maighread Ní Ghallchobhair (Patron’s Nominee)
Secretary: John Connor (Principal)
Treasurer: David Gross (Parents’ Nominee)
Patron’s Nominee: Eugene O’ Mara
Parents’ Nominee: Karina Halley O’ Shea
Community Nominee: Orla Blackwood
Community Nominee: Lorraine Sweeney
Teachers’ Nominee: Nicola Healy